One Flight DownPosted: October 15, 2012 Filed under: Random Workout | Tags: accidents, courage, freak, hope, love, passion 7 Comments
The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude-
So why are you limping around today? Rough weekend chasing down the ever so elusive 15 minute 5k? “It was a freak accident dude … This man-hole cover appeared out of nowhere, right in the middle of the road! Who the hell puts a man-hole cover in the middle of the road in the first place?!?”
Here’s the deal peeps, Oh and Good Morning (Let’s get the niceties out-of-the-way before you grab your pitch fork) many of the injuries we suffer cannot be labeled “Freak” accidents. If you get run over by a man riding a buffalo?!? That’s a freak accident! A vast majority of our injuries can be avoided with less reckless activities on our part. There are many examples however here are a few we like the most: Taking a weekend off from running, listening to an old injury, developing the skill of stepping back to reflect. There should be no reason to regret a “Freak” accident although if we listen to and nurture our bodies? There will be an awful lot to appreciate and celebrate later down the road.
Probably the top question we receive here at CultFit is: “How do you perform a Perfect Push Up?”
Warm Up as you see fit and prepare for a little hockey since the NHL blows right now!!!
You can do this either with a wall or another person (Ja Ja Perv). Face the wall or your partner in a High Push Up Plank position (Hinge-Walk Out) about 5 feet apart. Using a dog toy, tennis ball, bean bag or lacrosse ball, try to slide or roll the ball between your partners two hands to score a goal (or bounce the ball off the wall back to you). Your partner may stop the ball with one hand only (same goes for you)!
Keep score if that is your thing and no cheating if you do this alone! This peeps, is how you start to learn the Perfect Push Up!?!
A little random and all over the place today … ENJOY!!!
is that chair smiling? that is freaky!
Isn’t it wonderful … 😉
it really is 😀
Three thoughts provoked by above post:
1. I wonder what will take hold since hockey is on hiatus. The last time there were issues, poker became the sport of choice.
2. Guy on a buffalo. ‘Nuff said.
3. I wonder if there’s a hand hold on the ceiling. I’d also like to say, “I’d like to see someone try that urinal!” without sounding, well, like I’m going to jail.
1. Here in the States NBC has broadcasting rights for the NHL and this could be a good thing for hockey fans. TSN and ESPN were behind Poker being streamed into our homes during the last lockout. NBC has pledged to put on more college hockey to fill the time slots. We’ll see how long this lasts …
2. Have you seen the one where he punches a cougar in the face?
3. I have more questions for this pic than answers. What type of establishment etc? If there is a hold on the ceiling … Totally doable.
Wish you the best this week and please take care!!!
Being a girl, I have to ask…would they have square and round urinals on the same bathroom? What’s the point of that? I realize that’s not the point of that pic though. 🙂
Thanks for stoping buy “Unwalled” and liking my post re: “Dressed to Seduce”……..all the best…….Kim